01 April 2009

I am being nostalgic again

I have received a lot of comments regarding the paintings I did sometime in the 80s and which I posted here, but another little known fact about me is that I was a professional musician. I raised my young family on earnings from gigs and teaching people to play the drums. It was a hard but fulfilling life. I had to play gigs at night and teach, as well as practice, in the daytime. In 1995, the band I belonged to at that time recorded an album. It was quite an experience, recording for art's sake and not for anyone else's. Since I had long given away any CDs of our album I had left, I was so happy to have come across a copy and quickly ripped them into MP3s.

For your listening pleasure, I have uploaded them on last.fm. I hope you will find them entertaining, if not amusing, at the very least. Back then, we thought it was great.

Here is the LINK.

I also have some songs posted on the right hand side of this blog, just above my entrecard widget, if you prefer to listen to the songs from there.

Sorry, but I could not get a scan of the album cover since I only had my laptop with me at the time. I was quite happy to have been able to rip these songs.

No comments: