06 November 2007

My Flights: India

I arrived in India as my usual self, donning my normal judgmental attitude, thinking how things around me could be better, how they should be doing this instead of that, complaining, whining, planning for my future, relieved upon arriving at my hotel. Maybe shopping would be exciting.



As I moved along to Chennai, Coimbatore, Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Agra, Vrindavan, Mathura. The sounds, smells, tastes....not the common. The place, I found, mystical.

I went to the street markets, the temples, the birthplace of Krishna, the Taj Mahal, my hosts' homes. I ate their food. I drank their water. I breathed their air. I wore their clothes and walked barefoot on their streets.

I left India...
... rethinking my life and what matters most.


We are all one. (India, October 2007)

No comments: